GOLDEN, Colo., Oct. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC), the natural foods chain that has changed many customers' lives with its nutrition education, higher standards and more affordable prices, is opening its 32nd Colorado location in Golden on October 21st at 2401 Ford Street (phone: 303-279-2500).
"Natural Grocers is honored to open a new location in the Golden community," Kemper Isely, co-president of Natural Grocers. "As a Colorado company approaching our 60th anniversary, we view every new Colorado store as a celebration of making healthy living more accessible and affordable for everyone."
Shoppers in the Golden area may wonder how a grocery store can change people's lives. "It's because we provide the resources that people need to live a life of optimum health and vitality with natural products and honest labels," Isely explained.
Golden's new store takes over the location of the former Golden Bowl, which was also a Colorado-owned company that opened the same year as Natural Grocers in 1955. Many elements of the bowling alley will live through in the grocery store, including the lanes, which were refurbished into tables and a garage door that will open to create an open air produce area.
- Our stores offer ways to help you take the best care of your own health. Each store offers many free science-based health and nutrition learning resources. We provide World Class Customer Service to help you find just the products you need, including exceptionally high quality natural and organic groceries, natural body care and dietary supplements – all at affordable prices.
- What's missing when you walk through our doors? All those bad things you keep reading about. Natural Grocers will not sell any grocery product that contains artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, or harmful trans fats. Yet our shelves are full of amazing food and products, including fantastic, worry-free foods for you, your children and even for your pets. (See: "What We Won't Sell and Why.")
- We sell only USDA Certified Organic produce. No more guessing whether the produce you are buying is possibly treated with pesticides and preservatives -- or even if it has been mixed with something that has been treated. At Natural Grocers, our fresh produce is all organic -- and we work hard to make organic affordable.
- The meats in our stores come from animals that were raised without the use of antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by products.
- Each Natural Grocers store has a credentialed Nutritional Health Coach (NHC). We provide this as a complimentary service, because no one should be excluded from receiving advice and information that can help them live a healthier life. NHCs can answer questions on special diet needs, help you design a personalized supplement and eating program, or point you toward the products that support your health and fitness goals. You can even sign up for individual coaching sessions or attend a nutrition class or cooking demonstration in our teaching kitchen.
- Throughout the store, our knowledgeable staff welcomes your questions about special diets like gluten-free, Paleo, vegetarian/vegan, and low-glycemic, or about specific supplements or products. If you read it on the Internet or saw it on TV, come talk to us first for help understanding the science behind the hype.
- We support local products and local farmers when we open a store. Shoppers can look for more than over 225 local companies (185 grocery lines, 31 health and beauty lines, and nine supplement lines), and we are always looking for opportunities to bring in meat, produce and dairy from Colorado. Check our website for new product approval guidelines.
- Golden shoppers can come in to experience healthy and delicious cooking demos, hear speakers or attend seminars to enhance the depth of your nutrition knowledge (schedule: http://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-locations/golden/CO/events)
- We don't offer plastic or paper shopping bags at our registers, but if you forget your reusable totes, we'll gladly pack your groceries in free boxes. We do sell inexpensive reusable shopping bags, AND each time you shop with your own reusable totes, we will make a donation to the local food bank.
- The Grand Opening Celebration runs October 21st thru October 26th. Celebratory and educational activities will take place every day that week starting with Grand Opening Day on Tuesday, October 21st! Please join us for:
- Cooking Demonstrations
- Nutrition Classes
- Many delicious food tastings
- Knowledgeable representatives from supplement manufacturers
- Body care samples
- Grand Prizes are as follows:
- iPad compliments of Natural Grocers
- iPod compliments of Country Life
- $500 Natural Grocers Gift card compliments of NOW Foods
- Vitamix High Performance Blender compliments of Nature's Way/Enzymatic Therapy lines
- Cuisinart Food Processor compliments of Garden of Life
- Tokyo Citizen Collapsible adult bike compliments of Honest Tea
- Daily giveaway gift baskets
(Grand prizing drawing will be on November 30th, 2014. Need not be present to win. See official rules for details.)
Through January 10, Natural Grocers will hold free community events most every weekend including a Naturally GMO-Free Organic Fair, a Gluten Free Fair and a Healthy Holidays Fair. Please visit the store website, www.naturalgrocers.com/gd for date and time details.
Of special note, Natural Grocers recently unveiled some of the strictest dairy ingredient standards in the grocery industry. Our goal is to help support family farms while keeping GMO feed, veterinary drug residues and inhumane treatment out of the milk production system that provides dairy products for our customers. "We hope to spark a conversation with our communities and the nation about how our food is raised, and how it impacts so many other parameters that we sometimes forget to consider: food quality, health, sustainability, community well-being, and animal welfare," said Isely.
The Golden Natural Grocers will be open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:04 pm. On Sunday the store will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 7:06 p.m. Customers are welcome to come a little early or to stay and shop a little late.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Founded in Colorado by Margaret & Philip Isely in 1955, Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help them support their own health. The family-run store has since grown into a successful national chain with locations across Colorado, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Missouri, New Mexico, Montana, Kansas, Idaho, Nebraska, Arizona and Oregon, and employs over 2000 people. Although the company went public in July 2012, Isely family members continue to manage the company day to day, building on the foundation of their parents' business. Natural Grocers' popularity and success can be traced back to its founding principles: dedication to providing science based nutrition education, exceptional customer service, the highest quality natural and organic products at affordable prices, supporting their communities and providing great jobs with excellent benefits and a living wage to their employees. www.naturalgrocers.com
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.
For further information: Kelly Collins on behalf of Natural Grocers, Leap PR!, 785-341-5878, email@example.com, or Merredith Branscombe on behalf of Natural Grocers, Leap PR!, 720-235-7363, firstname.lastname@example.org