Natural Grocers' Downtown Denver Store Relocates to RiNo Bringing Organic Produce to a Food Desert
LAKEWOOD, Colo., July 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers will be relocating its downtown Denver store to the River North (RiNo) neighborhood, an area often called a "food desert" by residents. The store will be located at 3757 N Brighton Blvd, Denver, CO 80216 -- 38th and Brighton -- and will officially open on Thursday, July 27.
Natural Grocers' downtown store at 2375 15th Street will be closed on July 25 and 26, reopening on July 27 at the new store location in RiNo.
To learn more about the new 38th and Brighton store, visit: https://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-location/denver-rino-38th-and-brighton
"Most of Northeast Denver, including RiNo, is a food desert; there simply aren't enough quality food options within walking distance to the community," said Denver City Council President, Albus Brooks. "What makes this even more valuable is that Natural Grocers is a Colorado company that educates the community about health and sustainability."
Natural Grocers provides 100% USDA certified organic produce, 100% free range eggs, 100% pasture-based dairy, naturally raised meats and other high-quality food items at Always AffordableSM prices. The store will also provide free science-based nutrition education classes and a nutritional health coach who will offer free health coaching sessions at the store.
The store will also feature a new concept for the company: "Cottage Wine and Craft Beer," a nook where customers can purchase specialty alcoholic beverages such as craft beer, organic and biodynamic wine and hard cider. This marks the first time in the company's 62 year history that it has sold alcoholic beverages at any store.
The first 100 people in line on opening day will get to spin a prize wheel for a chance to win a variety of gifts, such as NOW supplements, Nova chocolate and Natural Grocers-branded items like cutting boards, cooler bags and coupons to use in the store.
The store will host a free community ice-cream social from 4 to 6 p.m. on July 27.
Grand Opening Celebrations
Opening day activities include:
- 8:30 a.m. – Official ribbon cutting with Mayor Michael B. Hancock
- 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. – 'Rise and Shine, It's Muffin Time,' a gluten-free muffin sampling event
- All Day -- Vendor demonstrations throughout the store
- 4 to 6 p.m. -- Ice Cream Social featuring pasture-based dairy and non-dairy ice cream
The new RiNo store will feature a mix of national brands and a selection of locally produced products in a small, neighborhood market environment. The store will also feature a Nutritional Health Coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public. The store will be open seven days a week.
What to Expect from Natural Grocers
- Highest quality organic and natural groceries, dietary supplements and body care products
- Always Affordable pricing
- Free science-based nutrition classes, health coaching, cooking demos and more
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives or hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils
- 100% USDA Certified Organic produce
- The Natural Grocers Naturally Raised Meat Standard – meat raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by-products
- 100% Pasture-Based Dairy Standard – dairy that comes from cows who are never given rBST or fed animal by-products, who must graze on managed pasture and have year round access to the outdoors. Dairy from confinement-dairies is not allowed
- 100% Free Range Egg Standard – eggs from hens raised with guaranteed outdoor access, with sufficient space to move - both indoors and outdoors - and room to exhibit their natural behaviors. And of course, hens raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed with animal by-products. No cages, ever
- A Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) in every store
- Knowledgeable staff offering world-class customer service
- Support for local community organizations
Family-run Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help support their own health.
For more information visit: https://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-location/denver-rino-38th-and-brighton
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC; NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Founded in Colorado in 1955, Natural Grocers has more than 3,000 employees and operates 140 stores in 19 states.
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.
For further information: Krystal Covington, email@example.com, 303-986-4600 x80150