The grocer known as America's "Organic HeadquartersSM" will open with a celebration including its signature 1950's-style community ice cream social, free samples and giveaways
LAKEWOOD, Colo., June 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers will open its ninth Oregon store on Wednesday, June 7, 2017. The new 12,000 square foot store will open at 8:30 a.m. and is located at 3975 SE Powell Blvd, Portland, OR, 97202.
To learn more about the new Portland store, visit: https://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-location/portland-38th-powell/
The first 100 people to shop at the new Portland store will receive a free goody bag.
Natural Grocers will host a pre-opening invitation-only VIP event on Tuesday, June 6. The store will also host a free community ice cream social from 4 to 6 p.m. on June 7.
Grand Opening Celebrations
Opening day activities include:
- 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. - Rise and Shine, It's Muffin Time!
- 4 to 6 p.m. - Ice Cream Social
- All Day - Vendor demonstrations throughout the store
The store will offer a month long special on 100% free-range eggs: any dozen for $1.99.
Natural Grocers provides the community with fresh produce that is 100% USDA Certified Organic, as well as other healthy, Always AffordableSM organic and natural products. The stores feature a mix of national brands and a selection of locally produced products in a small, neighborhood market environment. The new Portland store will also feature a Nutritional Health Coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public. The store will be open seven days a week.
What to Expect from Natural Grocers
- Highest quality organic and natural groceries, dietary supplements and body care products.
- Always Affordable pricing.
- Free science-based nutrition classes, health coaching, cooking demos and more.
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives or hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
- 100% USDA Certified Organic produce.
- The Natural Grocers Naturally-Raised Meat Standard – all our meat is raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by-products.
- 100% Pasture-Based Dairy Standard – all our dairy products come from cows that are never given rBST or fed animal by-products, must graze on managed pasture and have year-round access to the outdoors. Dairy from confinement-dairies is not allowed.
- 100% Free Range Egg Standard – all our eggs come from hens raised with guaranteed outdoor access, with sufficient space to move - both indoors and outdoors - and room to exhibit their natural behaviors. And of course, the hens are raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed with animal by-products. No cages, ever.
- A Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) in every store.
- Knowledgeable staff offering world-class customer service.
- Support for local community organizations.
Family-run Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help support their own health.
For more information, visit: https://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-location/portland-38th-powell/
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC; NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Founded in Colorado in 1955, Natural Grocers has more than 3,000 employees and operates 138 stores in 19 states.
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.
For further information: Krystal Covington, 303-986-4600 x80150, firstname.lastname@example.org