Natural Grocers and Weleda are partnering up to drive funds to support Slow Food USA, a global community of activists impacting food culture and policy in more than 160 countries
LAKEWOOD, Colo., April 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This year, shoppers can find an inspirational Mother's Day gift right in the grocery aisle thanks to a first-time partnership between Natural Grocers and Weleda. On May 1, Natural Grocers will offer Weleda's Mighty Essentials beauty bags for purchase at all 136 Natural Grocers stores in 19 states.
The bags, valued at $25, will be available to customers for only $5. One hundred percent of the proceeds will support Slow Food USA, a non-profit organization that inspires individuals and communities to change the world through food that is good, clean and fair for all.
The donation will contribute to Slow Food USA's programs, such as:
- Plant a Seed, Defend the Future: This campaign aims to get 1,000 gardens across the US growing plants from the Ark of Taste, a living catalog of delicious and distinctive foods facing extinction.
- Slow Food Nations: A festival held in Denver, CO every July to taste and explore a world of good, clean and fair food for all. It combines the energy of a street food festival, rigor of an academic conference, and inspiration of a cultural exchange.
The Mighty Essentials travel kit includes staples such as:
- Skin Food - an ultra-nourishing and hydrating all-purpose cream
- Almond Soothing Facial Lotion - calming, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, this lightweight lotion restores skin's moisture balance and protects from irritation
- Sea Buckthorn Creamy Body Wash - featuring an uplifting blend of sun-drenched essential oils, this creamy wash replenishes dry skin
- Salt Toothpaste - tough on plaque and ideal for a white smile; a formula that protects, cleans and strengthens
- Arnica Massage Oil - a therapeutic, warming massage oil for tired, achy muscles
To find a Natural Grocers store near you visit https://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-locations/
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC; NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Founded in Colorado in 1955, Natural Grocers has more than 3,000 employees and operates 136 stores in 19 states.
 Limit four (4) per customer. Quantity limited to stock on hand; no rainchecks. Offer valid on May 1, 2017. Offer void where prohibited by law.
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.
For further information: Krystal Covington, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-986-4600 x80150