The grand opening celebration will include gift cards, giveaways, and appearance by US speed skater Sugar Todd
LAKEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers will open a new Salt Lake City store on Tuesday, September 27, bringing the total number of Utah stores to 5. The store will open at 8 a.m. and is located at 1033 East 2100 South.
In celebration of the September 27 grand opening, Natural Grocers will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:55 a.m. and the first 100 customers in line will be able to choose either a "Mystery" gift card, varying in amounts from $5 to $100, or a good4u prize from the grand opening giveaway table. Customers won't know the amount of their gift card until they check out.
Natural Grocers will also celebrate grand opening month with an appearance from Sugar Todd, a current member of the US Speed Skating team who competed in the 2012 Single Distance Championships, the 2013 World Sprint Championships and the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics.
Learn more about Sugar Todd, fueled by Natural Grocers at https://vimeo.com/178937730
Grand Opening Celebrations
Opening day activities include:
7:30 to 9:30 a.m. – Live performance by local band The Gorgeous Gourds
8 to 10 a.m. - Rise and Shine, It's Muffin Time!
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Paleo Wraps Tasting
Noon to 4 p.m. - Vendor demonstrations throughout the store
Month-Long Grand Opening Events
- The new Salt Lake City Sugarhouse store will feature Natural Grocers' good4u Grand Opening Nutrition Challenge Sweepstakes, which offers participants an opportunity to learn about healthy eating while earning prizes. The value of all prizes in the Sweepstakes is over $2,000.
All participants who attend the Nutrition Challenge classes will receive a $5 gift card, as well as be entered to win either $125 in good4u groceries or a $100 gift card to the store. A list of healthy recipes that feed a family of 4 for only $25 or less per meal will be available at each class. The sweepstakes runs from September 27 – October 8. For official Rules and complete details, visit: www.naturalgrocers.com/sweepstakes.
- Members of the local community can visit the new store to learn how US speed skater Sugar Todd fuels her body and mind on October 8 from 3-4 p.m. Attendees can ask questions while learning how to make bean-free, Paleo-friendly hummus.
Natural Grocers provides the Salt Lake City community with fresh produce that is 100% USDA Certified Organic, as well as other healthy, Always AffordableSM organic and natural products. The stores feature a mix of national brands and a selection of locally produced products in a small, neighborhood market environment. The stores will also feature a Nutritional Health Coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public. The store will be open seven days a week.
What to Expect from Natural Grocers
- Highest quality organic and natural groceries, dietary supplements and body care products
- Always AffordableSM pricing
- Free science-based nutrition classes, health coaching, cooking demos and more
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives and harmful trans-fats
- 100 percent USDA Certified Organic produce
- Strict meat standards – raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by-products
- Pasture-Based Dairy Standard – dairy products that come exclusively from confinement-free dairies
- Free Range Egg Standard – eggs that are not only cage-free, but are provided with sufficient space to move – both indoors and outdoors – and exhibit their natural behaviors
- A Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) in every store
- Knowledgeable staff offering world-class customer service
- Support for local community organizations
Family-run Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help support their own health.
For more information visit: https://www.naturalgrocers.com/store-location/salt-lake-city-sugarhouse/
Natural Grocers video b-roll can be found here and here.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC; NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Founded in Colorado in 1955, Natural Grocers has more than 3,000 employees and operates 123 stores in 19 states.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160628/384355LOGO
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160516/368354LOGO
SOURCE Natural Grocers
For further information: Krystal Covington, email@example.com, 720-515-3078