Natural Grocers to host Pedal Forward Bike Drive on April 7 to benefit Trips for Kids Denver
Event to include unveiling of Natural Grocers bike sign created by Denver-area at-risk youth.
LAKEWOOD, Colo., March. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers is giving the gift of hope and health to underprivileged and at-risk youth in Denver, launching The Pedal Forward Bike Drive to benefit Trips for Kids Denver Metro, a nonprofit that gives children the opportunity to learn about the Colorado outdoors from the seat of a mountain bike.
The drive will take place April 7 at the Natural Grocers store located at 3440 S. Tower Road in Aurora from 2-4 p.m. Shoppers and community members are encouraged to donate new and used bicycles or bike parts or make a monetary donation that will go towards the purchase of bikes for Trips for Kids.
As part of the April 7 event, Natural Grocers will unveil a new bike-inspired store sign. The sign will hang on the northeast side of the Natural Grocers building, serving as a reminder to the community of the importance of living a healthy lifestyle, whether on a bike or simply by making healthy food choices. Trips for Kids donated the bike part materials for the sign and joined forces with Advantage Sign Company to build and install the sign at the store.
"We are thrilled to partner with Trips for Kids Denver Metro to host our first bike drive to benefit local youth," said Raquel Isely of Natural Grocers. "The health and wellness of our local communities is extremely important to us and we hope that the bike drive will inspire kids and families to enjoy the great Colorado outdoors and make everyday healthy food choices when cycling and doing all other activities."
In addition to the bike drive and sign unveiling, the following activities will take place throughout the day:
- Bike tune-ups, safety checks and helmet fittings from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Beeline Bikes, a mobile bicycle repair service and Lucky Bikes Re-Cyclery, a social enterprise bike shop, will staff tune-up stations, perform safety checks that include tire inflation and chain lubrication, and offer tips for proper helmet fitting.
- Meet and greet with Natural Grocers Cycling Team from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – One of the top Elite Amateur teams in Colorado, the Natural Grocers Cycling Team has won multiple national titles.
- Live performance by DJ Cavem from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. - Grammy award nominated musician, educator, vegan chef & O.G. (Organic Gardener) will perform for Natural Grocers shoppers.
- Drawings and prizes from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Natural Grocers will have a giveaway drawing for a Runa bike, Natural Grocers limited-edition blankets, shirts, and more.
- Paleo cooking demonstration and lunch from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. – The complimentary cooking demonstration will take place in Natural Grocers' on-site kitchen. Paleo and vegan wraps will be served along with coconut water drinks supplied by Harvest Bay, Taste Nirvana and Zola.
- Donation to Trips for Kids all day – Natural Grocers will donate five percent of the store's net sales for that day to Trips for Kids Denver.
The Pedal Forward Bike Drive is one of the many ways Natural Grocers remains committed to its communities, which is part of the company's Five Founding Principles.
For more information, visit the Natural Grocers website. Join the #NaturalGrocers social conversation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC; NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Founded in 1955 in Colorado, Natural Grocers has over 2,700 employees and operates more than 100 stores in 19 states.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141209/163083LOGO
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
For further information: Amy Lucariello, firstname.lastname@example.org, (303) 986-4600 x512